Thank you for your interest in the Warragul Farmers Market (WFM). We are a community incorporated association registered with ASIC, Warragul Farmers’ Market Inc.
Warragul Farmers’ Market has three aims:
- provide small local farmers and producers with new selling opportunities
- reconnect the general public with fresh, local food
- complement, not compete with, existing local businesses
We are determined that this will be an authentic farmers’ market, allowing only genuine vendors with no re-sellers (see below for qualifications).
Currently we are seeking accreditation from the Victorian Farmers’ Market Association so we can guarantee the public that we are an authentic farmers market. You will need to hold current Temporary Food Premises Registration (if applicable) from your local Council/Shire or the Department of Primary Industries to participate, and preference will be given to applicants who are accredited by the VFMA. For more information go to www.vicfarmersmarkets.org.au
The market is held in the Civic Park, Warragul, located off Albert Street, approximately 200m from the CBD. Power services are available on site and other amenities such as water are available close by.
WFM wishes to set a high standard of environmental awareness. Stallholders are responsible for their own rubbish, recycle and compostable removal. WFM is moving towards being plastic bag free so stallholders will not be permitted to supply new plastic (or bio-degradable) bags to the public.
Stall rates are currently set at $50.00 per market for a standard 3.1×3.1 metre site.
We look forward to receiving your expression of interest which will be considered by the WFM committee of management for your involvement in the Warragul Farmers Market.
Step 1 – Do You Qualify?
Warragul Farmers’ Market is a producers market designed to showcase locally or regionally grown or produced foods.
We will not accept the following items at our market:
- Crafts, Bric-a-Brac, Jewellery , Paper products unless produced on the farm or relevant to food.
- Nationally distributed packaged food or products
- New or used commercially made clothing
- Items offered to our customers by a reseller (see the Stallholder Regulations)
- “Sideshow Alley” type foods (e.g., but not limited to, Fairy Floss, Toffee, Candied fruit or nuts, deep fried chips or the like). The market committee will be the final arbiter on these types of foods.
- Food trucks or food caravans.
Step 2 – Stallholders Regulations
You must read our stallholders regulations and agree to abide by its contents.
If your Expression of Interest is accepted we will provide the Stallholders Regulations with the final application.
Step 3 – Expression of Interest Form
You must complete the Expression of Interest Form and submit it to Warragul Farmers Market for consideration.
Fill out the online form.
Step 4 – Acceptance
Your EOI will be presented and considered at the next Committee meeting.
Committee meetings are held in the first week of each month.
You will be contacted by a Market committee member with an offer to apply or otherwise.
Warragul Farmers’ Market