Meaning “Chilli with Meat” Spicy stew containing chilli peppers, and meat. Meat options are either beef, chicken, or try Turkey mince. Featuring St Fiacres Tomato Kasundi.
Preparation: 15 min
Cooking Time: 1Hr 15min
Skill Level: Easy
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Onion Finely chopped
- 2 Garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tsp Chilli powder- optional as St Fiacres Tomato Kausndi contains chilli
- 2 tsp Cumin ground
- 2 tsp Coriander ground
- 2 Bay leaf
- 750 – 1kg of minced meat
- 2-3 Tbsp Tomato Paste
- 400 g jar- St Fiacres Tomato Kasundi
- 400 g can Red Kidney Beans, drained, rinsed.
- 1 Bunch Coriander, leaves and stems chopped, plus extra leaves to serve.
- Chopped Avocado, Tomato, Yoghurt or Sour Cream to serve.
- Heat oil in a large heave- based saucepan over medium heat. Add onion & garlic and cook for 3 mins or until softened.
- Add meat and cook until well browned. Add cumin, coriander, bay leaf. Stir well.
- Add Tomato Kasundi, tomato paste, kidney beans and 500ml water and stir until combined. Bring to the boil then reduce to low and cook, stirring occasionally, for 1 hour or until meat is tender.
- Season with salt & pepper. Serve topped with avocado, tomato and extra coriander leaves.